Aging is a natural process and the reference to becoming older. The broad term refers to all form of organisms, whether it be a human being or animal. In scientific research, aging refers to a single cell within an organism’s body that ceases to divide or stop dividing.
In human, aging represents the many aspects of human development, the different changes in the human body, which encompasses the physical, psychological, and social changes.
Aging is the most common known risk factors of any human diseases. Research, roughly estimated that almost 150,000 people each day died with age-related causes.
Can we slow down the aging process?
In a broader sense of slowing down the process of aging, medical experts used the term ”Life Extension.” The idea of extending the human life span, through medical research of improving the medicine in this aspect.
Some researchers in this area wish to attain longer lives themselves, aiming for future breakthroughs in tissue rejuvenation, stem cells, regenerative medicine, molecular repair, gene therapy, pharmaceuticals, and even organ replacement that will give human being to have longer life span through the process of total rejuvenation to attain more youthful healthy life. But, for Bioethicists, it is more likely to be debated in connection to ethical consequences.
The use of anti-aging products such as supplements and hormone replacement yields more profit in The global industry. On the records, the industry that promotes the use of hormones replacement as a treatment to slow or reverse the aging process make more profit in the US market and generated $50 billion of revenue a year in 2009
Is there a natural way to slow down the aging process?
Many factors cause your skin to age, there are things that we certainly cannot control about, but some others that we can do something to slow down the process.
One thing that we cannot influence is the natural process of aging; time will come; we all have got visible lines on our face. It is a natural process to lose skin elasticity as you age, your skin is getting thinner and drier. One factor that controls all Of these changes are the genes. The unique genes that every one of us inherits from our parents. This type of aging process is commonly known as ”intrinsic aging.”
On the other hand, the type of aging that usually effects on our skin, caused by our environment and lifestyle choices and makes our skin to age prematurely is known as ”extrinsic aging.” But, by having healthy life choices, we can do something to slow down the effect of this type of aging has on our skin.
As many experts say, there are different ways to reduce premature aging. Everyone must be aware that the sun plays a significant role that causes premature skin aging. A dermatologist often suggests the following healthy tips.
1. Avoid too much sun exposure– whatever you do outdoor, Sun protection is necessary. If you can’t avoid being exposed to the sun, make sure to use a sunscreen with a broad spectrum of SPF 30 or even higher.
2. Quit smoking or don’t smoke- Smoking speed up the skin to age. It promotes wrinkles and causes to have dull skin.
3. Eat a Healthy balanced diet – experts recommended to include plenty of fruits and vegetables in your diet to prevent premature skin aging. Research had shown that a diet containing lots of sugar or more refine carbohydrates can quickly cause the skin to age.
4. Drink less alcohol – alcohol can cause rough on the skin and making it dry. It dehydrates the skin, and over time, it makes the skin look old.
5. Exercise regularly – studies suggest that moderate exercise can enhance blood circulation and promote a better immune system. This, improve a better youthful look and adds more energy.
6. Proper cleansing routine– You are exposed almost every day to different kinds of dirt and pollutants that could harm your skin. Therefore, it is essential to cleanse it properly before going to bed. Be sure to wash your skin gently using a gentle cleanser to remove dirt, excess oil, and other impurities that may clog the pores. It is essential to let the pores open when you sleep to allow it to breathe and rejuvenate.
7. Moisturize skin– the cell on your skin needs to nourish to maintain the skin looks healthy and vibrant. It is essential to choose the right product to keep skin moisturized. Remember, use a product that is gentle to the skin and will not cause any harm.
8. Proper hydration- it is vital to keep your body hydrated to maintain the moisture of the skin. Make sure to drink at least eight glasses of water every day to ensure proper hydration. Good hydration of the skin comes from within.
Superfoods that actually reverse the sign of aging
No such food can stop you from aging. But some foods reportedly help slow down or reverse the aging process. Below are considered to be superfoods that help reverse the aging process. These are the top anti-aging foods because it is high in anti-oxidant properties and anti-inflammatory.
1. Blueberries: This is truly an excellent fruit loaded with more antioxidants than any other fruit. It gives excellent protection against the skin-damaging free radicals from sun exposure, stress, and from different types of pollution. It also contains vitamin C that helps reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
2. Dark Chocolate: For those who love milk chocolate I think it is about time to switch to dark chocolate for it has a lot of health benefits. It contains flavanols, which helps to increase blood flow to the skin according to the author of ”Pinterest Diet.”
3. Avocado: No wonder why avocado is considered as one of the superfoods because it contains a high amount of nutrients and antioxidants. It contains folic acid, Omega 3, potassium, magnesium, and fiber. Also, packed with different vitamins such as A, C, D, E, K, and B groups.
4. Watercress: It is known as a forgotten superfood for it has a lot of health benefits. It contains various nutrients and phytochemicals. It has more calcium as compared to a glass of milk, more vitamin C than an orange, more iron than spinach. An excellent organic source of vitamins A, B1, and B6. Also a good source of beta-carotene, magnesium, lutein, and zeaxanthin. Research had shown that it contains a high amount of vitamin K. One cup of watercress will provide you the minimum daily allowance of vitamin K.
5. Papaya: A delicious fruit packed with antioxidants, vitamins (A, C, K, and E, and B vitamins), and minerals such as calcium, potassium, magnesium, and phosphorous. The variety of antioxidants in papaya helps to combat free radical damage and may slow down signs of aging. It contains the enzyme called papain, which gives additional anti-aging effect and of nature’s best anti-inflammatory agents. It is an excellent source of many exfoliating products. To include papaya in your diet may help your body shed dead skin cells, leaving your skin radiantly vibrant.
6. Brocolli: It is known to have an anti-inflammatory effect and anti-aging properties. It is packed with vitamin C and K, loaded with antioxidants, fiber, folate, calcium, and lutein.
7. Spinach: This superfood is known for many skins and health benefits. Having better health from within will also show from the outside. As many wanted to have healthy skin, this superfood is excellent as it improves the appearance of your skin. Green leafy vegetables are best for your skin and spinach is no exception for its amazing health benefits. It is packed with vitamins (A, C, E, and K) and the essential minerals.
8. Pomegranate seeds: It contains a high amount of vitamin C and various amount of antioxidants. It helps protect your body from harmful free radicals and decrease inflammation in your body system. It has a compound called punicalagins that help retain collagen in the skin, thus slowing down signs of aging.
9. Sweet Potatoes: It contains vitamin A that helps restore skin elasticity, good for skin cell regeneration, and making your skin soft, and more looking young. It is also a great source of od vitamin C and vitamin E that helps protect your skin from harmful free radicals.
10. Turmeric/ Curcumin: It contains the powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties called curcumin. It helps improve skin complexion making the skin looks bright, and it is excellent in skin rejuvenation making the skin look radiant.
11. Collagen Protein: Is the most abundant protein in mammals and making 25% to 35% of the whole body content. This is found in fibrous tissues such as tendons, ligaments, and skin. It promotes skin elasticity and an essential building block that holds together your bones and muscles.
Aging is a natural process, and as we age, we all have got visible lines on our face. A natural process that every one of us tends to lose skin elasticity and the skin is getting thinner and drier. The sad part is we cannot do anything to control this natural process known as “intrinsic aging.”
On the other hand, the external cause of aging due to environmental factors and poor lifestyle could be influenced by the human to slow down the aging process. If you want a quick result, there are many medical procedures to help improve skin elasticity and slow down the sign of aging. Researchers are aiming for future breakthroughs in tissue rejuvenation, stem cells, gene therapy, and pharmaceuticals.
Another way, to slow down the aging process is to eat the so-called superfoods and follow the different tips suggested by credible dermatologists.